Monday, October 6, 2008

Do your 5 closest friends determine your income?

I have heard over and over about how the people you hang out with - your 5 closest friends - will determine the amount of money you make.

In the past, this concerned me, because I do not hang out with wealthy people. :o) The vast majority of people I hang out with are worried about if they are going to pay their electric bill or buy groceries this month.

I also told myself, "How can the people you hang out with make that much of a difference? After all, if I am reading positive books and focusing on things I should be - isn't that enough?"

But then I found a new forum - the Warrior Forum - and started reading and learning from there.

In just a few short weeks, my mindset has totally changed. I fully understand why your friends make a difference, because the conversations I have with people on the Warrior Forum are completely different than the ones I have in real life and on other forums. Spending an hour on that forum makes me so much more productive and gives me so many ideas!

So I have to say that the answer to the question in the title of this post is a resounding, "YES!"

But, luckily, you can find friends all over the globe, thanks to the Internet.

Thoughts? Opinions? Post them in the comments, along with your website!

1 comment:

Editor said...

You know...
I have to say that I had not really given it much thought until I read your post!

I think it is SOOO true, that your friends CAN influence your income! I have noticed quite a bit lately that I have had to pull away from people who were really affecting me negatively, and in turn affecting how much I can even "produce", because their attitudes are so down all of the time...

Thanks for the great post!
L