Sunday, September 21, 2008

Inexpensive Car Signs

I have always used car signs for my biz; however, I have never bought a car sign.

Here is the "Shay Rockhold Method for Car Signage":

Select one of the pre-approved classified ads from your company. This keeps you compliant with your company's legal department and it gives you a short, tested ad for your car.

Use no more than two lines of copy for the sign and then your phone number on the bottom line.
Center the copy on the page.

Make sure your phone number is large enough to be read!

Using Microsoft Word, type it out and print it out using the landscape (not portrait) page orientation.

Put the page in a clear sheet protector (the ones used in 3-ring binders). You can get a pack of 10 for less than $3.

Tape it neatly in the back or side window of your car.

FAQ's:
Q: How many calls per week do you get with this kind of sign?
A: I average 5-10 calls per week. If a sign does not start getting me leads in a few days, I will change it. If it consistently keeps getting me calls, I will keep it. If the calls start falling off, I will change it. I have gotten more than one call while sitting in traffic.

Q: How good are the leads?

A: It depends, just like any other lead. However, I have gotten customers and reps from car signs.

Q: Do you use signs for customers, for reps, or both?

A: I switch them around.

Q: Can you give an example of a sign you have used?

A: Yes, but be sure to use one of your company's ads.

Here is an example of a sign that got good results:

I work from home!
You can, too - ask me how
(XXX) XXX-XXXX

Notice the first and last line are bigger and in bold, but the middle line is still big enough to be read.

Hope this helps everyone!

No comments: